Eat healthier today so you can live your best life tomorrow
Developing a well-rounded, nutritious diet is the first, most important step you can take toward developing a healthy and active lifestyle that will serve you well for years to come. What we eat affects the way we function and live, but that doesn't mean we act on that knowledge either. Try changing your daily nutritional habits today for a happier and healthier body tomorrow.
"Experts maintain that the right diet can not only control weight, but also help to keep diseases at bay by fighting the stressors our bodies encounter on a regular basis, including lack of sleep, poor diet, lack of exercise and general stress at work," wrotefor CNN. "These stressors can reduce our physical and mental performance and even lead to chronic diseases such as heart failure or diabetes."
Here are some dietary changes that will have big effects on your day-to-day health:
- Add berries: Berries have numerous health benefits and are worth adding into your daily diet. Cranberries, for example, are known to fight urinary tract infections. Blueberries can protect the brain from stress, lower blood pressure and, according to CNN, even improve cognitive performance such as memory function.
- Drink more water: It's extremely important that our bodies stay well-hydrated for optimal performance, so drink plenty of water. Additionally, cut out the sugary and high-calorie juice, coffee and alcoholic beverages that litter your diet. Simply opting for water will reduce your calorie intake more than you may realize.
- Eat breakfast: Skipping the most important meal of the day might encourage you to reach for a non-nutritious snack later. To avoid this, eat yogurt, oatmeal, eggs or an avocado for a healthy breakfast that will keep you full until lunchtime.
- Go nuts: Nuts provide the body with omega-3 fatty acids, which are necessary for good health. Nuts are an especially good option for those individuals who don't like eating fish, which also provide healthy fats that help your body fight heart disease.
- Make health a priority: We often find ourselves choosing unhealthy food options simply because we're strapped for time at the end of the day and can't bring ourselves to prepare a nutritious meal. However, you'll only achieve the results you're aiming for when you dedicate time and energy to making your lifestyle healthier and happier.
- Try mushrooms: Mushrooms are dense in nutrients, and are often overlooked as nutritious foods. Long-term benefits of mushrooms are unknown at the moment, but nutritionists believe that the results will be extremely positive.
Finally, try adding seaweed to your daily meals to broaden the nutritional profile of dishes you regularly prepare. Seaweed contains a host of beneficial vitamins, minerals and amino acids that help our bodies function at their best, and also contain protein, fiber and calcium. If you're not interested in cooking with seaweed raw, then try sprinkling Seagreens Food Granules on your dishes so you can enjoy all the seaweed benefits without any of the hassle. This is a simple and easy step to achieving the kind of healthy style you're aiming for.
Every Seagreens product is guaranteed to contain all the minerals, micronutrients, trace elements and vitamins that can be found in all-natural, organic seaweed. Seagreens organic wild wrack seaweeds are produced to the company's award-winning proprietary standard (patents pending) among Scotland's remote Western Islands in pristine Grade A waters. All Seagreens products are organic, kosher and certified free from allergens and contaminants.