8 reasons why seaweed is essential for vegans
It's never been more popular — and more prevalent — to be a vegan than it is right now. Of course, vegetarianism and veganism aren't popularity contests, they're lifestyle choices made for health and dietary reasons, animal concerns or both. Whether you're a true believer in the cause or are simply looking to try it out for a little while, the fact remains that there's plenty of information nowadays on how to best approach these diets in as healthy a manner as possible. While one might think there shouldn't be any downsides to immediately cutting meat out of your meals, the fact is that meat and fish contain a lot of nutrients that can be difficult to find elsewhere and the body can't do without.
Organic seaweed, though, provides a whole host of minerals, trace elements and vitamin groups that can supply vegans and vegetarians with a much-needed dose of nutrition. One Green Planet, a healthy living blog, has compiled just a handful of the many reasons why seaweed should be a staple of not just vegan diets, but any person's diet:
- Acts as natural and bountiful source of iodine, which is necessary for thyroid function
- Cleans out the digestive tract
- Contains crucial elements like iron, zinc, magnesium, biotin and Vitamin B12
- Curbs sugar cravings
- Helps to prevent fatigue and anemia
- Improves eyesight and clears up skin complexion
- Reduces anxiety and improves the mind's ability to focus, bolstering overall mood
- Works to help stave off depression.
Whether you're looking to make the jump to veganism, or you simply want to eat healthier in general, consider adding seaweed to your diet with Seagreens®, a natural-multi nutrient whole food wild harvested in the Grade A pristine waters among Scotland's remote Western Isles to our proprietary Human Food Seaweed™ standards (patents pending). Seagreens is available in natural health supplements and ingredients like The Mineral Salt, Food Capsules and Salad & Condiment.